This guide compares the two companies’ solutions according to key criteria required by OT organizations and the employees, contractors, and vendors they need to support. This includes minimizing operational cost and complexity, providing frictionless access, and protecting the data streams and OT protocols used to access the operational technology (OT) and critical infrastructure (CI) assets.
In this paper, you will learn about secure user access for OT/CI in the context of:
- Deployment is fast and easy.
- The importance of a solution purpose-built for OT/CI.
- Limiting changes to existing networks and critical infrastructure environments.
- Security based on a zero-trust ‘least privilege’ model, and the ability to protect data streams and OT protocols.
- Controlling ongoing operational costs.
- Minimizing the introduction of cyber risk.
- Supporting secondary requirements such as user monitoring, moderated secure file transfers and regulatory compliance.
Choosing the Right Secure User Access Solution for Operational Technology
When evaluating secure user access for OT/CI one should look for solutions that can reduce the cost and complexity of administering secure, and dependable access, while reducing mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) and increasing uptime and reliability. A XONA comparison to BeyondTrust highlights the difference between a self-contained and purpose-built solution for OT/CI, and one that is developed for Enterprise/IT use but faces challenges due to the dependency on desktop applications, agents, and other software/hardware using legacy technology, such as jump hosts (servers).
All company and product names, logos, trademarks, service marks and branding are the property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this document are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement or criticism. The information included in this document/web page was gathered from publicly available sources and based on our opinion from our research and technical evaluation. This document is intended for general informational purposes.